Compassionate Legal Support When You Are Injured
Accidents happen every day and, unfortunately, many of them lead to critical injuries. Car accidents, on-the-job accidents and other incidents can cause serious medical issues such as brain injuries, broken bones and more. Personal injury claims are a way for victims of accidents caused by negligence or carelessness to obtain financial compensation for damages related to the incident. Chisholm Law offers residents of Beverly and surrounding areas who have been injured in accidents the opportunity to seek maximum restitution. By reaching out to our experienced Massachusetts personal injury lawyer, you can learn more about how to bring forward a claim for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
If you wish to pursue financial restitution for your injuries through a personal injury claim, you need the assistance of a seasoned personal injury attorney. Chisholm Law has extensive experience working with accident victims and their families, and can provide you with the resources and legal expertise you need to navigate through the complicated process of seeking a positive resolution to your case. When you consult with our experienced car accident attorney, he can:
- Investigate the accident to determine who may be held legally responsible for your injuries
- Help you gather the necessary documentation to support your case
- Communicate directly with the legal team of the opposing party
- Assist you in receiving the medical care you need for your injuries, as well as provide you with valuable resources for recovering from an injury-causing accident
- Aggressively seek out the maximum settlement available in your case to ensure that you and your family have the funds you need to get back on your feet after an accident
Chisholm Law knows how difficult being injured can be for both the victim and his or her family. He is committed to providing his clients with expert legal representation throughout each stage of their case, from the filing of the initial claim to the final verdict.
Personal Injury FAQ
- If you were injured at work, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation. Workers’ compensation benefits that are designed to cover lost wages and medical bills may be available to you if you were involved in an accident while at your job. Learn more about workers’ compensation in Massachusetts here.
- The insurance company will try to get you to take the first settlement offer (and it will likely be much lower than it should be). Something many people don’t understand about insurance companies is that their primary objective is to deny claims or to settle cases for the least amount possible. The first settlement offer that an insurance company provides is often extraordinarily low, in hopes that the client will accept the settlement quickly without question. Never accept the first settlement offer, as it will likely be much lower than what you need to cover even the basic expenses related to your injuries.
- There is a statute of limitations on personal injury cases in Massachusetts. The state imposes a three-year statute of limitations, meaning that you must file your case within three calendar years of the original incident for it to be successful. Most personal injury cases filed after the statute of limitations has passed are thrown out of court.
- Evidence is critical in a personal injury case — gather as much documentation as you can. As the plaintiff, you have the burden of proof in a personal injury case. To increase your chances of success, gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim. Photographs, witness testimony, video and other documentation could be critical in establishing the severity of the accident and your injuries.
If you or a family member has been injured in an accident of any kind, call our seasoned personal injury lawyer as quickly as possible after obtaining emergency medical care. By working with Attorney Chisholm, you can protect your right to financial restitution for the damages you’ve incurred. Call 978-942-6959 or send us an email requesting a consultation to discuss the steps you need to take to move forward after a serious accident.